Monday, August 1, 2011

A long 5 months..

Blog world, meet Momma Bean.

I generally do not use my blog to go personal, but tomorrow is a day my family and I have been anxiously awaiting. In March of this year, my amazing, beautiful, awesome, yet total goof of a mother was diagnosed with Stage 2 invasive ductal carcinoma. It has been exactly what one could imagine; hard to hear the news, harder to watch as she went through treatments, bumps, ups, and a lot of emotion along the way... 5 months, 3 kinds of Chemo, and 16 treatments. Tomorrow is treatment 16!!!! :)

Mom, you are simply amazing. You have not only stood up and fought this disease, but you have shown those around you how to fight with courage, grace, and charisma. I am so proud of how you. I know the battle is not over, as surgery is a month away, but this is the point where you can start to see a sunnier horizon and move forward to the next chapter, a stronger woman.

I love you so much!!! Good luck tomorrow, I will be thinking of you all day!
xoxo
Meg


The cutest peach fuzz... Oh, and a bloody mary.. obviously- we are at the lake! :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you Lisa, christen

Fran said...

this post is awesome! Very well said, Meggy! I will be thinking of Lisa tomorrow :)

Anonymous said...

Lisa - you have shown those of us that know you personally and those who only know you professionally how to fight cancer with a smile and an amazingly upbeat attitude un-matched by anyone. I am honored to call you a friend (although most times I call you family!). I will be thinking of you tomorrow more than most days. Love You. Jess (and girls)

Amy Hayes said...

Tears streaming down my face, I can honestly say that was so beautiful Meg! You are right about that momma bean of yours, she is over the top AWESOME! She will be close to my heart tomorrow and I am seeing those sunnier days already through the clouds! P.S. LOVE the peach fuzz!

Betty Ivers said...

Beautiful. Mark and Lisa have created a wonderful, loving family and circle of friends. The fruits of your labor are evident, especially w/Lisa's valiant fight against cancer. Congratulations for achieving this incredible goal of almost being done w/all the chemo. Whew! Please know our love and prayers envelop you. Thanks for sharing your pictures, Meg!

Tracey Bish said...

WOW, I love you guys! Lisa, you are a wonderful woman and will be a SURVIVOR!!! I know it in my heart. Meg, your photography is inspiring! -Tracey Bish ;)

Jan Elrod said...

Meg, those pics are absolutely beautiful and filled with so much love. I'm so glad to have your momma bean as my neighbor and close friend.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Enjoy your chemo free time before surgery! You are always in my thoughts and prayers!! Candy

Anonymous said...

What beautiful women you all are. Lisa, you have handled this whole ordeal with such grace and you have a very strong support group. You are a CHAMPION! Stay strong! Have the best LAST CHEMO you can have. Lub ya! - Cindy

vmurphy said...

Love the "Virgin" Mary in the background!
your nurse

Anonymous said...

You are blessed with the love of a great family.
You are all in my thoughts and prayers

Roe

Labels